Thread: Beaver Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
You seem like my type of guys. Would be nice if it went straight C&R, Phyllis to. Imagine some of those Broods that are 12# + when stocked after a good 5 years in that lake, they would be monsters.

It would be nice if they gave us a mountain lake that was straight C&R and had broods in it to. About 20 put and take lakes, I figure 1-2 C&R rainbow trout lakes would be nice.

Anyone know where they stock the retired Browns and other trout they use for breeding? Only ever landed one Brown and that was in the bow.
Broods are not well fighting fish. Broods are meant for surprising people at put and take lakes. Not to be raised, and then added to trophy lakes. Not to mention, are usually never pretty to look at, and die after a couple of months of being exposed to that kind of environment after coming from concrete pools. I'd rather be catching the fish that have survived in the environment on their own and nature has selected the best individuals. And lets be honest, you can catch broods on a piece of brown foam lashed to a hook. Looks like a pellet....

But if broods are your thing, There are a few lakes in the mountains you may like though, fish lake in nordegg gets broods, same with the nordegg trout ponds.

Just look at the stocking reports, you'll find other lakes in the mountains that receive their share of broods.