View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seige View Post
I want to say congratulations to all in your journey to a healthy and more fit lifestyle.. holy hell this is a journey that I can't believe we don't learn in schools for goodness sake!
Personally I began my journey on Aug 3rd 2019, too date I'm down 27.7lbs(yes, I now count EVERYTHING even my steps lol. Ketones in pee, now those in my blood(since the beginning) weigh everything on my Hornady scale(cause im too cheap to buy a designated food scale, yet. and Ive been supplementing with omega 369, calmag & zinc.. zero cheat days.. my cheat days are eating like 10 carbs more than normal.. or more fat and protein than what "my" (personal) macros call for.
at this time I am about to chow down on my first steak (big ole ribeye) and yup it counts. everything else has been lots of chicken breast, was eating lots of tuna(although "Keto induced gout" in my left toe ended that fun) anyhow... my diet now consists and will be that of wild shot ducks and geese.
I've now got nearly our total limit on geese, and max out on my ducks until I eat more lol. its been a great season thus far, and I don't think its even very well begun(migration) mind you I did harvest my first Speck of '19 yesterday.. quite a few birds up high mostly ducks, yet. and of course our beloved resident Honkers. (I haven't seen many lessers just yet, not as many as im hoping) of course I am in the Lloydminster area.
Anyhow what this is about is, on opening morning I hunted with a pal.. Monday and Yesterday(Wednesdasy) I hunted solo. (being disabled((8 fractured vertebrae)) I have the time if I can pull it off that day) my setting of the decoys was trying.. more yesterday than on Monday (still a lil exhausted from Sunday and Monday.. yet as long as im still kicking im going to do my damnedest to live some sort of quality of life. I can do this as being in a Laydown blind is the supine position I need to randomly be in, almost constantly. As you can imagine it takes me a good 3 hours to pack my decoy trailer with my 8+ dozen decoys.. lots of crawling in my trailer to lie down for ten minutes when the back flares up. this stuff is no problem for me while solo. its my life.(im now making my hunting cot a full-time resident of the decoy trailer
what im getting at is I don't know, but I truly feel that lots of my resting was necessary due to lack of energy! holy hell I struggled.. I do consume a smoothie almost daily (which consists of most of me daily carbs) with1 scoop of ON iso whey protein, coconut oil, frozen blueberries, pineapple chunks, and even coconut chunks. As I was drinking this in my blind yesterday I wasn't sure if that's enough.
So in trying to stay away from seafoods and my beloved red meat(meaning not as much as I normally would).. although I absolutely love most all of it.. not sure if its full of energy.. im kind of confused at the moment too, lol..

Does anyone know of a great way to replenish energy, while on this "starvation" lifestyle lol. ive spent so much time trying to raise my ketones and eating a balanced diet... im sick of Pork rinds... can't put another one in my mouth for the past few days.

thanks in advance
JS
Fats are energy

Try cheeses.

I also liked to whip some cream with a few berries in it.

Bacon. Yum.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin