View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 01:16 AM

38 Year Old male located west of Calgary (Andy). Married with a family of 4.... 2 teens and 2 children under the age of 3.

This will be my 1st year hunting, have all my licences (Game Bird, Hunters Ed, Wildlife certification and both PALs).

I will be hunting with general tags this season while I build priority points for future seasons.

I did enter 1 draw for 316 for Antlered Mule but with no priority I'm not holding my breath... So I would be interested in White Tail, Elk, Bear, Wolf and upland birds. Looking at WMUs 412, 414, 416 and 316.

Reason for the interest in those WMUs is I'm located close to these, can put an honest effort into scouting(Which I have already logged some decent pre season scouting at and have a few places of interest come season), I cam spend more time in the field come hunting season and lastly for vehicle access. Being a 1st timer, lacking the 1st hand knowlage of breaking the animal down and packing out it would he comforting knowing I'm can get fairly close with my jeeps to make extracting the game easier.

I'm hoping I can find a mentor that is willing to help me with the finer points of hunting. Such as Field Dressing & Processing and how to properly pack game out of the Bush.

While the 1st hand experience isn't going to stop me from trying my best this coming season, I'm sure my 1st time would be much smoother with the help of an experienced hunter that is willing to teach me the ropes.

Would be interested in Family friendly people/familys (As the wife is interested in getting into hunting and has said she would fancy bow).

I've got my own gear, and will acquire the finishing touches of my gear off by open season. Have Jeeps with lifts and mud tires as well for running into the bush. Just finishing up some work on my TJ which will be my future hunting rig for the above WMUs...

I'm safety concious, Have good ethics.

Looking forward to this coming hunting season and hopefully to finding the right mentor to lead me in the right direction.

We love the outdoors , camping, Hiking, Fishing be it a rod or wirh Spearguns/Poles.

Would also consider traveling 2 1/2 hours south or north of Calgary area.