View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Default Thank you fly gods

Was out fishing on the weekend on prairie creek by Rocky, beautiful day and extremely clear water. At one point in the day i found myself wading out underneath a giant tree that was sticking out from the bank. Water came close to the top of my waders but i didnt think much of it and kept fishing upstream. About 20 minutes later i decide to swap flies, feel my pocket on my chest where both fly cases were stored. Nothing, both gone. Had a dry fly box with some nymphs in it and another box jacked full of streamers. 117 flies in total gone... Needless to say i was a little PO'd. Starting walking downstream and found my dry fly case stuck in one of the branches sticking out from that big tree i had ducked under, woohoo! At this point i was happy to have retrieved either case. Other one was no-where in sight. Fished for another hour or two further downstream than where i had begun. Finally hooked into a nice brown about 1km downstream from the bridge where i had gone upstream to start my day. After releasing the brown i looked across into a corner pool and saw my other streamer box spinning around in circles stuck in an eddy I could feel the day turn around in an instant. Big smile on my face, Managed to hook into a few other little guys and covered some nice country. I just wanted to thank the fly gods for pushing me to walk downstream instead of just calling er a day!