Thread: New Rifle
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I too am a lefty. The choice of left handed guns has never been better. Pick what you want, and Clay at Prophet will order it in for your, as will Swamp Donkey, if you can't find it on a shelf anywhere. There is also a pretty good selection of used around these days.

CZ, Tikka, Sako, Mauser, Sauer, Weatherby, and Ruger are all production gun choices. Antler Arms in Quebec will sell you one at a good price and you can specify cartridge, barrel length etc. They made the Fierce line of guns for Christensen and they were a lot better gun than what Christansen is selling now since they moved production to the States. Also, K.S. Arms right here in Edmonton makes fantastic rifles in LH with their own actions, or they will re-barrel any gun you supply with their in house, cut rifles, hand lapped barrels. Mike made me up a tremendous DG rifle on a LH Weatherby MKv action, outstanding workmanship.

All of these are high quality LH guns. I even have some Savages, they aren't as pretty but they shoot just great. As to Cartridge, , 308 if you don't like 06, 7-08, 7x57, if you want a little more go, 7 PRC or 300 PRC would be my choices. A 6.5 Creed is okay on deer, would not be my choice on Moose or Elk if I had a bigger gun in the stable. For a one gun hunter, not my pick.
Exactly well said [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk