View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Even when I am with someone I hunt alone. I do not like hunting with someone right beside all the time. I take out beginner hunters and say "do you see those 4 deer in the trees".....and I can see them as plane as day and only 25 yards in the trees.....and easy kill but no they don't see them and then the deer are gone.

I am not a good teacher, but I take them out anyways and show them what to look for, for signs, rubs, tracks drinking holes, where the easy kills are, where the hard kills are, where to put up a tree stand if they want to use one during rifle season and when there out there with you and there is 2 feet of snow on the ground you think that you are talking to them but when you turn around there a couple of hundred yards behind you.

Then they ask....."how can you walk through this snow and not worry about tripping over logs etc?"

I can move swiftly though the bush fairly easy.

So hunting with someone is not my bag. Of course I can die or get seriously hurt in any activity I do. Driving on Alberta roadways can be deadly.

As for getting lost well that can happen.....came close in my beginning days of my hunting career, and someone was hunting with me but not togther, but these days I hunt areas that are easy walks, easy kills and no chance of getting lost.