View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 02:46 PM

Ok time to install some hardware

The hardware in the pic is 5/0 trebles, stainless splint rings and if I remember right 1 7/16 stainless eye screws. I build my big baits overkill but that don’t fail

Lay out your hardware to be sure your hooks are not going to fowl. The position of the hooks on this bait is ideal no fowling and should not miss strikes. A little play either way is ok. Mark your location for eyes and be sure they are centred to keep balance. Drill your pilot holes. Feed eye screws in and out once dry.

For glueing in your hardware I use a 4hr epoxy. It may take longer to cure but it’s strong. A lot of guys use simple 5min epoxy and even super glue on small lures.

Eye screws simply put some epoxy on the threads and screws them in. For the lip peel back part of the protective layer on the lexan lip just enough so your not gluing it into the bait. This way you still have your guide line you marked earlier. Epoxy the lip slop and slide in the lip. Line it up so it’s square but don’t worry too much. Wipe the excess epoxy off with a wet paper towel and hot water. Once the epoxy starts to set but still has movement check on the lip and make your final adjustments so it’s square

And now we wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk