View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post

The real issues here in Alberta are the non residents applying as well as the population influx. Get those under control and you'll see draw priorities come down. In saying that I hunt the north and really don't think the priorities are all that bad. If you really want to hunt something here in Alberta besides Bison you should be able to do it within 10 years. It just may not be in a prime ion you were hoping for.
This is 95% of the problem. The sheer number of people here. I do agree with Chuck. He is forward looking to this massive pool of P0 to P4's and how we are going to start dealing with it.

$10 per draw too much? How about this....make a 999 application worth $5 and an actual application in a WMU worth $20. With that said, keep the tag prices the same. You need to change peoples way of thinking come draw time.

You want to decrease wait times? The only way that's going to happen is if Alberta goes into the tank and these hoards or people start moving back home.
This has been winding up for about 6-8 years now. Define what resident really means and go from there.

Look at the Bison draw as an example, 6505 people applied in 2008 with 100 tags given out. This year it's over 10,000 people!!! (35 tags and I know they had a bad kill off)