View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
You posted a whole pile of misinformation, which I called you out on and provided the legislation for confirmation.

If you would accept that you were wrong on those matters, then we could discuss the other concerns you raised.
It is not possible to move forward when you are sticking with false claims.

So now you know why APOS can't independently raise allocation numbers, they have no legal authority to do so.
And I have to point this out to a former APOS member?

Thanks to the posters that have taken the time to break down into grade school form, you can hopefully now understand that other organizations DO take their role to develop and enforce strict standards as a delegated authority seriously. APOS has fought tooth and nail to avoid behaving this way.

Clearly you are right, APOS is a incompetent organization when considering their duties to behave in an ethical manner. I agree, the only answer is for the government to rescind the delegated authority from APOS and assume FULL control of this industry.
I didn’t post misinformation, you just took it literally (as law) instead of how I meant it and how it actually works.

For example:

In theory APOS can revoke your allocations and sieze that asset because you were convicted with any offence they see as a breach of their code of ethics or any actions they deem to be in contradiction of their charter and you’d never outfit again in Alberta.

In reality this would likely take years and hundreds of thousands of dollars in law suits to possibly ever take effect, hence why to my knowledge APOS has NEVER DONE IT !!!
As you pointed out “here’s the legislation I posted for confirmation” but it’s never been enforced, at least not to the degree everybody would like to see !

Even with blatant cases of abuse and misuse like Mr. Lloyd mentions above.

Pointing out it’s not worth the paper it’s printed on is not misinformation, it’s reality. There’s no false claim, but being a realist I also don’t believe what may happen if all the stars align and good prevails over human nature !

I also never said APOS could control allocation numbers. I’m not confused at all.
I asked you if they were truly a governing body as you claimed they were why wouldn’t they be tasked with administering that function as well.
You’ve mentioned this twice now as some proof I didn’t understand the process, when I was actually just giving you an example of why I feel like they’re an advocacy group for their members and an administrator of licensing at most.

A true governing body would control all aspects of the industry, not just the portion the actual governing body didn’t want to handle do to administrative costs.