View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Where did I say untrained? They would all be trained, and it would most likely take a year to get them to the point where they'd be ready. Just like fire departments. Fire departments can't just send people into house fires without training.
That's the thing.. It's a never ending "training", you don't just learn it, and you're done, specifically if it's skills you don't use every day (like LEO's). For Example, think about drugs and how they change on a daily occuranance, how can someone who isn't brought up to speed on recoqnizing drug use and side effects, effectively take down someone. You know that Meth users can take sometimes upwards of 6-10 trained people to be taken down. Guess who's stealing to support their habits?

Volunteer Fire department is much different (no disrespect intended), but as a VFD you are dealing with property, not (usually) humans. I'm simplifying (once again, no disrespect intended), but VFD really only have to "say get out" and possibly administer first aid.

Quote:
As for defusing the situation, the best way to defuse a situation is for the criminal to think that you will follow through with your actions if they dont listen. If you show up with an RCMP officer and a team of guys fully outfitted with tactical gear that they know how to use. I think you have a good chance of defusing a situation.
So you go from Volunteers, to full Tactical gear showing up with an RCMP. I thought the purpose was to help because the LEO's weren't avail?