View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Godberson View Post
Great Rendezvous, perhaps the best I have been to. Amazing job by Peace River local! WOW

I had a great chat with Greg Schroder, who is a professional fur handler / grader with FHA. He travels to many conventions/trapper events in North America every year. He was very CLEAR that he has never seen the high numbers of youth and young families at ANY other event on the continent. He said there were NTA type events with obviously many more people - who still couldn't match the number of kids we had. Obviously we are doing something right! The ATA will young down it would appear, breaking the old guy trend we have had for at least 3 decades.

It seems very obvious now that we have to continue to expand youth events from Youth Muskrat and Snowshoe race to an additional event next year. Stay tuned for Squirrel Snaring and an extra snowshoe race (with age split) If the kids drag Mom and Dad to the next Rendezvous in D Valley we are all winners too!
Hey gary it would be nice to see more kids skinning competitions, my daughter won second place in the muskrat skinning this year it sure is a good way to get them involved.I would be more than happy to put up some prize money for some kids events.I would be more than happy to help out in any way I can