View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
I don't want more handguns in our society on a daily basis. Especially not in poorly trained hands... So no, I'm not signing that. I shoot pistols so I'm not at all anti-handgun, just realistic about untrained people wandering around in public with 'em. Not good. Many on here think more armed people in public will equal greater safety. They have obviously never been to countries where it's "normal" to be armed at all times. Those countries are fricking nuts...

Most of the time it's not going to be some "hero" stopping a shooting in a theatre, but some dumb-ass shooting himself in the same..
You are automatically assuming that every peace officer will not be as competent as you , which is not true.
There are more than a few who shoot hand guns competitively.
I have no problem with anybody carrying a side arm as long as they are properly licensed and have been well instructed.

I have seen far too many people that are totally incompetent at our range that own hand guns, so just the person may be a peace officer does not mean that they will or will not be competent same as a civilian.

Cat