View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:10 AM

This obviously going to be another money grab and mandatory. Do it now while it is free.

People do not realize how useless this is. I fly fish ONLY the rivers and streams around here. If I am going elsewhere I read the regulations online LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES because doing a test on line last year gives you NO current or useful information.

IF I ice fished the local lakes it would be exactly the same and I would check the regs if I traveled. AGAIN, course useless.

Most everyone has some activity that they do. If I am going pheasant hunting in southern Alberta I do not have to know that the northern shrew is now on a draw system. If I am hunting ducks, I need to be able to identify the species I am legally able to hunt. I may not be able to tell the difference between an eclipse Red Head and a Lesser Scaup but I am 100% positive they are not Mallards.

I don't spin fish, baits, lures, scents, couldn't care less. If I did, I would be completely insane not to study up, because I don't, complete waste of time and money.

If people are too stupid to check the rules and regulations EVERY TIME they go to a new area and every year, a multiple choice test they took some time ago isn't going to change that. They still will be stupid after the taking the course.

Regulations change annually, species come on and off catch and release, water bodies and entire areas close because of temperatures, forest fires or even bear activity.

Anyway, pay up, toe the line, carry on when told to do so.