View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Maybe if sheep are on such a drastic decline, there should be a one time kill and never again. Once you shoot a ram that's it for life! I don't believe for one minute that wolves are the downfall of the sheep! Admittidly I have never sheep hunted yet. I will one day! Also if sheep are in such a decline maybe they should eliminate all out of province and out of country tags! I can't afford a $20k guided sheep hunt, but I also don't think we should be allowing non residents to hunt our game species when our own locals can't even draw a tag! Why is it sheep outfitters get the ability to capitalize on a provincial resource . This goes with moose hunting as well.

A lot of time and effort goes into trapping. We have quotas but are not mandated to any particular species. 4+ hrs to skin a wolf plus countless hrs maintains bait stations for an animal that's fur may get you $250 if your lucky!! Not my main concern. I would much rather target lynx and marten. 2 marten will take me 20 min to skin and board and I will get as much for them as 1 wolf!

Most trappers will not bust their asses to make sure sheep guides have a means of income!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel