View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 PM

i was out at strubel lake a few weeks ago, i seen two nice size fish 3-4lbs, but other than that it many small fish buzzin around. i didnt think it was to bad being i was there for 4 or so hours. been out to dickson trout pond and seen some nice ones too this year, but the water is very murky. there are some nice sized fish around if you can zone in an get there attention.

as far as beaver lake goes it is an excellent lake to fish. my best day last summer is 18 fish, one 20in, six 16in, the rest were 12 and 14in. but i have also been totally skunked there.

Fiesta lake is small, hence the low stocking rates, spotted some decent size trout, caught some small guys. access is walk in only, nice small dock to get into your pontoon boat or whatever you use.

Everybody says the same thing, this lake use to be better. i have talked to old old timers about fishing the ram river 60yrs ago. they use to chase the small ones away with a stick to get after the larger ones. how nice would that be to have such a dilema to deal with.

But anyways back to the topic, its seems to be run more like a business than natural resourse. more fish = more fisherman. more fisherman = more fees, more fees = more money, more money = more fish, and the cycle continues and thats not to mention the other spin offs that there are. its all about the dollar it seems.

So if its harder to catch a 20 inch fish than it is to catch a 12in fish, than a youngster wouldn't stand much of a chance at having fun fishing and getting "hooked" on fishing because it just is to boring to them, they just dont have the attention span yet. so fill the lakes with easy to catch fish, get them addicted to the sport and get the next generation of fisherman off and running and so on and so on.