View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Australia is very protectionist for auto manufacturing. Huge prices over what Multi Nationals charge elsewhere.

Housing is very very high. In 2015 Vancouver average price was $1.5 Mill for a house. Australia and New Zealand was $2.1 Mill for a house in the major centers.

Fuel is taxed heavily and a constant water shortage in big centers, as it is basically a desert continent for the north part.

They are more supportive of their mining sector, but they too have been "woke" on the environment and regulation.

But it is hard to fathom how badly Justin and Friends have screwed up a Country which has so much promise as Canada.

Drewski
Housing is much closer and varies a lot depending on location. Still a little higher than Canada but just like Canada there is still housing that is affordable outside of cities

Woke issues again vary depending on location just like Canada

Fuel is higher not drastically though. Closer to the higher price regions in Canada. If I remember right it was just over 2$ a liter where my buddy is in NSW. Again varies by region

The wife and I have friends/family in both NZ and Australia so we get to hear directly from residents not just stats