View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Gone Hunting

A few years ago I was living in High Level.
One afternoon I see a F&W truck enter the company yard and drive around behind our shop. So I ask the boss if he has any idea what they might be doing on our property. Not to object, just curious.
He tells me they are tending to some Coyote traps they have set in our sand pile. Why would F&W be trapping Coyotes in the summer I wanted to know.
Seems that some partier passed out in a back ally in town and a Coyote found him there. It tried to eat him, and did succeed in gnawing off his ear.
My buddy has been hunting and trapping those Coyotes around town for years. It is extremely rare to see a Coyote in the town of High Level yet that summer F&W trapped quiet a number, right in town.
No one has ever been known to feed those Coyotes, no one has even suggested that it happens.
Coyote are what they are, cunning resourceful predators, who will grab any opportunity presented.

That may or may not be justification for killing them. It depends on your point of view.

My point of view is. No hunter asks another hunter to justify why he hunts what he does. From my point of view, hunters understand why hunters hunt.

From my point of view, anyone who says they don't understand hunting for the sake of hunting. Is not a hunter at all.

If you really were a hunter you would know that it is never only about the kill.
Like a football match, It's not only about the touchdown, it's about the whole game.

Last edited by KegRiver; 12-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.