View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM

Default Some responses

M70, I think that's a decent reason to shoot coyotes in problem areas, as long as it's done regularly enough that they actually learn. Randomly shooting won't likely help much.

220: Tofu is sneaky, you'd be surprised. Anyhow, in your next post you defined the difference between randomly shooting coyotes and protecting an operation consistently. I think others have pointed out the other issues.

Hunterdave: That's scientific fact, check the referenced link, lots out there on the same subject if you're interested.

Cohod: I don't know enough about trapping to have a strong view on it.

Farmsniper: If "thinning them out" is your goal then you're likely increasing the population, or doing very little useful at best. This is the problem with random predator control, it doesn't apparently do much...

Woodsmen: Well then Merry Christmas too, and same to everyone! That is a bigger thing than all of this really.

Chain2: Consistency sounds like it's important, and does help. This makes sense to me, and is supported by the evidence I can find.

Jamie: Your call on that really, or you could ask a collection of people.

Schian: Randomly shooting a coyote based on reasons that don't make scientific or even common sense is not the same as shooting an animal you're going to eat. For one you're going to eat it, not just waste it.

Garand: Thanks for that, that's different and genuinely useful information, and I learned something. Sometime I'd love to buy you a beer and talk about this, I'll bet you've seen some life. I'll go through your post individually later, I'd like to learn some more about a few things you wrote.

Sneeze: Predators don't generally waste what they kill. Sometimes, but rare. Merry Christmas to you too.

I appreciate every post that attempts to give some reasons for killing coyotes, and I'm learning a few things about both coyotes and human nature, thanks.