View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps View Post
I agree with the OP. I hunt things I can eat, if I can't eat it then there is no point in shooting it. Killing for the sake of killing or "because I can" is a hollow statement. Its has little sustenance. Satisfaction by the individual in ending a life is for no other reason other than the anthropogenic basis that coyotes are bad. Try that argument with an anti-hunter and you'll soon see why hunters get a bad rap and we are painted with such distaste.

It was never human nature to kill something and leave it. The only time I can see hunting these animals is if they are influencing a livelihood.
I think shooting them and leaving them is a waste.

This is a side effect risen out of anti-hunting and anti-fur lobbies that have made them nearly worthless.

I have had that discussion with the anti's. I like to ask them to defend the choice of their clothing over something that is used "only for its fur". It is sustainable and part of the natural world that can be managed. Even though the meat may not be fit for human consumption, it sustains other creatures like ravens etc. Do we have to use it for our own personal consumption to make it ethical? What if it keeps me warm and sustains my life?

If the anti's hadn't made it uncool to wear fur the "management" of coyotes wouldn't be in question.

And to say I respect the coyote would be an understatement. Another one of the neat creatures in our world for sure.