View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Default huntinggr81

that is hilarious. You are living the dream or my 1993 nightmare.
We built a 32 by 72 shop at the same time as the house was being built and when construction got behind decided to concentrate on shop first ( I asked my wife "do you want 5 hunting dogs in the new house waiting for the shop").

We moved into the shop with 5 dogs and 3 children in September 2003 and stayed in the shop until October 18th when the house was "liveable" although not finished completely.

it was challenging with no electricity water or gas for the first few weeks so a friend lent me a trailer we parked inside as temporary living quarters away from the dog runs. Got heat and electricity by mid September so it was OK.

My children have all grown up (the 2 year old baby at the time is now 19) but they have fond memories of living in the shop in 1993.
Parents, not so much.
Made me smile just looking at those pictures with the toys and boxes and mounts on the wall just like we had.
Best of luck
Rob

p.s. my total cost in 1993 with vinyl siding with hot water heated slab and forced air plus a finished office/studio in addition to kennel and work shop was just under $54,000. Times have changed!