View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:07 PM

although double anchors is the best way - I have become a victim of continence and technology and it is so much work to drop, anchor, position yourself feeding slack line and the over and drop anchor and drift back to to the spot. Too much anchor pulling and yanking and, then the feeling that you better stay there and commit to the spot after all that work.

I use the spot lock on the minnkota and sometimes run the kicker to assist (keep it running and bump it in gear).

At some point, however, it's just tough to stay put over a good spot unless you go through the trouble of tandem anchoring.

The biggest anchor failure people consistently have is not letting enough rope out - in high winds, and 20 feet of water - you need to let out 80-100 feet of line and use a shock cord for good results. It will hold you, but you will wander left and right and need to send a tandem line out at a 45 degree upwind angle with another 80-100 feet of rope.

I've slept in the boat overnight in some pretty choppy conditions and this was the way to go.