View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2381 View Post
Use a slip bobber set up
I'm a huge fan of slip bobbers. Not just for kids but for adults. Suspending bait over structure without snagging weeds is unbeatable. In my opinion there is no better system to anchor and catch tons of walleye.
Drifting with a slip bobber is tough. The bobber lags behind the boat and ends up flat. When that happens you can also lose contact with the knot and bead therefore eliminating it's effectiveness. Still works yes. It not nearly as well as static. If you can stay holding with the anchor in the wind, nothing else gives better life to a slip bobber presentation than a good chop...
My bass fishing partner has brought some techniques to northern Alberta and has become a master walleye fisherman. While drifting we utilize about a 3 to 4 inch swim bait skipped slowly off the bottom. So much fun and very effective. Slip sinker rig with bell weight and spinner tipped with leach/minnow is also perfect on a windy day.
If the walleye fishing is hot on the flats, let's say in June for example-we just find the leeside of a point where the chop is the lightest and anchor.
Monday morning musings.