View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Tucumseh

Default Re: Its all choices

Personally guys I believe its all about 'passion' for the game we hunt. I remember in my younger day I spent alot of money and time hunting rabbits. Breeding and training beagles also consumed lots of vacation time and days booked off of work. (evil little grin)
Plain and simple, I was never home, wife and kids complained and I kept on doing what I loved, breeding dogs and hunting rabbits. Today that passion is not there. Since moving to Alberta, I see that doggin rabbits is not a big sport here. I could never find hunting partners so I got away from it. Back home every Tom, Dick, Harry and his dog wanted to go rabbit hunting, not the case here. Now I spend most of my time and energy hunting elk and moose when I can get drawn. My opinion...it's all hard work and time consuming. Expensive too!

I see Chef's point and I can also see the point of others. I've hunted rabbits with and without a dog and let me assure you, in Nova Scotia bush hunting them without a dog sucks in my opinion. It's alot of hard leg work.
WTS, so is deer, moose, and elk hunting. MHO, the sport that you most desire to pursue will be the sport that will require your hard work and time.

The only thing I can say that looks easy is road hunting and I am not in favour of it.