View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
You claimed that the long term decrease was due to manipulated stats, then saw no issue using those same stats to point out an increase in the last 3 years. You were dismissing stats when they didn't suit your argument and using the same ones when they did.

I don't know why crime rates have increased the past 5 years. Nor do I know why they decreased steadily. As far as I'm aware nobody knows for sure.

My original point was pointing out that mass killings don't follow the same trend as regular crime (and therefore, decreasing morality is probably not to blame).
What I posted was that there may have been changes in how the stats were categorized and tallied, and that may have happened at any point. But if you do accept the data as provided, then the crime rate has increased over the past few years. And it has been the last few years that society has become more and more tolerant of crime. At this point our government is even allowing admitted ISIS terrorists to return to Canada, that would not have been tolerated even a few years ago.