View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Very good points.
The golf rule book is a small encyclodepia that almost requires a lawyer to comprehend it.....although I've never read it.
I have had the unlucky misfortune to be on many rule committees at some golf tournaments and mtngiant you are correct that that all important book takes a lawyer to figure out some rules...it seems to me that the more times you read a rule while trying to figure it out the more complicated it gets...it can almost change how it is interpreted right before your eyes...please don't volunteer to be on any rule committee for golf..once you do it is hard to get out of from year to year...trust me you don't want to be the one to make a ruling that you don't even understand yourself...I've been there done that and won't do it again...thankless job no matter what happens!
"GO FREDDIE"..or Jason Day...or Angel Cabrella...or Steve Stricker...or Adam Scott...anybody but Tiger!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip