View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
The wallies should be put and take like rainbows. Fish them out and restock them. The 4 or 5 years it takes them to grow to a catchable size again might give the pike and perch a chance to get their feet back on the ground. Any moron knows a lake full of wallies is like a bathtub full of piranhas. They will never let pike or perch and to a lesser degree whitefish come back as long as they are the main predator in the lake. It's not about ignorance or poor management it's about dollars and the pathetic tag system they have that generates a little revenue. What has the government done for you lately that was in YOUR better interest? ? Exactly.
I agree with the put and take. Just have a few lakes close to major centres like sylvan, gull, wab (if water is deemed safe), La Nonne, 2 southern reservoirs, and Calling and make them put and take for walleye. Stock these lakes every year with walleye and allow for generous retention. It would drastically reduce the pressure province wide.

I’m sure there would be some people who would be upset about not being able to catch pike, whitefish, or perch in those lakes but so be it. A few sacrifices for the greater good.

Apart from the put and take lakes, do not stock walleye anywhere else in the province. Just let the lakes be. If the lake can’t sustain a walleye population without repeatedly stocking the lake, then maybe it just becomes a great perch, pike, or whitefish fishery and there’s nothing wrong with that.

The put and take system would make the fisherman who want to be able to easily go and catch and keep some walleye happy and would make the fishermen who are fed up with SRD’s focus province wide being solely on walleye happy.

Anyways that’s just my two cents. It’ll never happen.