View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 08:20 PM

I have quite a few guns I would never sell. Personally, I generally don't buy a gun unless I have a use for it. Each one fills a niche. In rifles I have one for extreme weather, dense bush, open plains, big big game, long distance, target, saddle gun, coyote gun, and so on. In shotguns I have one for trap, one for the duck hunting in the kayak, one for camp defence, one for upland, just picked a semi for ducks but will keep the pump as a back up. Then there is the 22s. Have one for target 22, plinking, the youth training, and another for hunting. Yes I could use some of these for double or triple duty but I like to have the proper tool for the job. If I sell one I will just be looking to replace it so don't see the point. I guess eventually some will break but until then I am content.

I like the analogy of the hammer earlier. I have a lot of those to. Claw hammer, framing hammers, roofing hammers, sledge hammer, dead blow hammers, mallets, the list goes on. Each one has a purpose and if I sold it I would go buy a new one so I just keep them. Sure some may only get used every couple of years, but when I need it, it sure makes the job a whole lot easier and more pleasant.