View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
So Vegas Knights play the Sharks and beat them 5-0. Vegas goalie faces 20 shots and has to make 2 or 3 key saves.
In the Oilers game, Skinner only faced 18 shots and lets in 3, there is the difference. First thing the Oilers need to do is to make a trade to get a # 1 goalie. Surely Ken Holland can do that. This will be the first big step to getting out of last place in the conference.
If the Oilers had put 5 goals on the board like Vegas did, against a team playing historically bad defence, they would have won too.

Skinner had basically zero chance on any of the three that went in, and even if he stops one of them, it's still a tie game.

Their defence and goaltending is terrible at times, but Trochu is right, they're not going to win many games scoring 2 goals and less and night.

Paying a steep price for a goaltender might cover up a few flaws, but it isn't going solve the problem. It might make it worse.

I don't have the answers. I'm still kind of in awe at how bad the season has started. Everything that could possibly go wrong has gone wrong. They really aren't a lottery pick team, I can't explain it. The hockey Gords are angry...