View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The simple fact is, the media intentionally refers to firearms as "assault" rifles in an attempt to sensationalize the event. If they reported that a pellet rifle was seized , it wouldn'd gather as much attention as reportinng that an "assault rifle" was seized. The media counts on the ignorance of people like yourself when they misrepresent the facts as they did in this report, because they are counting on you believing what is being reported without knowing any different. If they had found an old Cessna on the property that had been used to transport the drugs, they may have used the term "military" aircraft hoping that some clueless fools might belive that it was a jet fighter.
I fully understand what you're saying. I think that would have bearing in a situation where they raided the farm to seize guns. In this case, as I mentioned, all I see is guns taken from bad guys busting a meth lab.

So to your point, their attempts at 'sensationalizing' the event failed. I would never have given the gun a second thought if not for this particular thread that pointed out the guns in the story of the meth lab being busted up.

That could be just me too, though.

Cheers