View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
You are proving why APOS is such a mess. Their Executive and membership (past and present) will either lie in defence or are ignorant of the laws concerning their legal responsibilities.

The "Crown" has delegated the authority to APOS to create and enforce bylaws in which an outfitter and guides may lose the Privilege to participate in this business. It Is APOS's responsibility to do so, yet as we all know when you put a weasel in charge of the chickens....

Again, are you just playing dumb? This is a serious question.

The regulations and delegated authority assigned to APOS Does NOT include the ability for APOS to determine Allowable Harvest and the number of allocations or licences issued.

You are proving yourself to be a harmfully incorrect and potentially deceitful source of misinformation regarding the powers Delegated to APOS. I say potentially because as you are obviously an intelligent person and a former member of APOS, it is expected for your comments on this topic to be factual.

So here we have it, evidence of why APOS would allow Lloyd to become a Director. Many APOS members likely don't care or know what APOS can and should do, and their is no internal drive to change.

As a side note to a question asked earlier in this thread. YES, several other Alberta hunting interest groups DO require potential Executive candidates to disclose all Wildlife Act convictions, which typically will disqualify the person from being eligible to run for election.
At what point did I say APOS wasn’t a complete train wreck ? I’ve mentioned at least three times in this thread alone they need a revamp and shouldn’t be operating the way they do. There’s been no miss information, I’m just a realist. Can something be done ? Surely it can, but it won’t be because the system is broken.
I’m not sure how you missed that part but we do tend to focus solely on what we want to see.

I never said APOS had control over allocation numbers, I said if they were truly the governing body why wouldn’t they control it all ? That was a question!

I realize written in APOS’s literature it says they have the power to pull licences, impose suspensions and delegate punishment to its members. But, they don’t, and I’m not sure if they ever would with the way the system is set up.
The better question is why you would want to rely on an association that operates on the funds paid by its members to represent their best interest, to doll out suspensions and disciplinary actions ?

Why not just get rid of that function completely and let the crown handle it solely ?