View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 06:54 PM

Good thread, been thinking about this for a while as well when I watch the auctions...Never owned (or will own) a muscle car but I certainly do appreciate them, especially the old MOPARS. Lot of emotions and memories tied up in them for some people. Yes, you can get into them cheep and fix them up yourself but you need time space, tools, knowledge, skills etc. etc. meanwhile your new vehicles sit outside the garage. Here, you can only really drive them a few months of the year, then there is insurance (no idea what that costs) proper secure storage, maintenance, list goes on. A lot of the higher-end cars are owned by people who have bucks and diversify their investments by choosing vehicles they think will hold their valve and/or appreciate. Think it was Leno that said “you don’t own these cars, you’re just saving them for someone else”.?? I believe part of the reason (besides the inter-webs hype) “barn finds” are such a big deal now is people are cashing in while the market is hot.

Think there will always be a place for those in original condition, and certain models will def hold their value. Doubt we’ll see the huge gains again tho.