View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Bossman

Thank you for the link. I shall go through the paper and check out the journal it was published from. Your more than likely operating out of ultimately concerned for your family and I get that. Ironically, my initial position on this is the opposite based on the same motivation.

Raab.. have you dug into the idea of herd immunity? This concept seems to be missed by your ‘it’s all about traveling?
No, I know all about herd immunity. IIRC about 90% of the population has voluntarily been vaccinated. Your also always going to have 5% of the population who cannot be vaccinated. So people are willing to give up their rights to enforce vaccinations on 5% of the population. I just don’t see the need when so many voluntarily get vaccinated anyways.

I bring up travel, because the diseases are entering the country from other parts of the world, not from anti vaxxers. With 90% of our population having been vaccinated, we have effectively eradicated most of these diseases in this country anyway. Couple reasons I see no need for a mandatory vaccination law, and question any politician who wants to bring one in. Now if the numbers change maybe I’d change my stance, but by and large voluntary vaccinations has been largely successful in this country.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill