View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
Yeah I agree. I know it has to fit in some tube in the back of the machine, power steering or similar cooler from something must work, maybe with a little plumbing adaptation. (Although I don’t know of many machines that have a 25 hp power steering pump) but like I said he’s 70 and not very mechanical and he lives 1,500 miles away so I’m not able to help him directly.
An oil cooler is an oil cooler . some suburbans and trucks used to have power steering coolers and some had the identical cooler for engine oil. Depends on which plant made which truck,etc. Same cooler on GMC. Transmission coolers i believe are designed for way more pressure but they would still work for an engine oil cooler.
You know really I dought you would even need an oil cooler on that bobcat anyway. Some farm tractors have them and some don't. If its that hot outside that I need an oil cooler then its to hot for me to. You probably could just plug it off.
I used cooler should cost next to nothing. Some are just hose clamps on rubber hose and others are threaded tube.
Bobcat probably don't sell them because they wouldn't have much sale for them because there are to many sitting on junkyards. I probably have a half dozen different ones kicking around and I'm not a junkyard.