View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duceman View Post
those groups translate into many a meal by the looks of it to me.

not why guys get so hung up on getting benchrest groups from from a spindly barreled hunting gun. it will serve it's intended purpose admirably. good luck this season, looking forward to some great field photos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I agree Duceman! I would zero that rifle at 200 yards , be happy and go kill stuff!!
Shooting multiple groups at 100 yards with a hunting rifles is highly over rated .
Cat
I agree with both of you. This gun killed quite a few animals. I guess it is just a little disappointing because my expectation was that this ammo would shoot better. I am not disappointed in groups in the slightest. Especailly because I am no Vassily Zajtsev to begin with, lol.

Cat, it is zeroed at 100 because most shots are made under and only some are reaching a bit beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Speaking of 06's, I think my new one finally got me tuned in. The first attempts at shooting 180 Interlocks were dissapointing, trying lighter bullets got good results. I tryed some 165 grain Partitions today, which grouped around 1"... shot a half dozen 180 Grain Interlocts again and it was shooting them sub MOA?!

I'm thinking that that rifle/ scope setup just feels so different than what I'm used to that it just took the gun a few sessions to get ME dialed in properly.
That’s great! It is quite different from what you usually shoot, so I am not surprised.

I know a few people who hunt exclusively with American Whitetail and are quite happy. One has a Ruger American in 30-06 and I don’t think that gun had ever shot anything but that. I actually think I shot my first deer with that gun loaded with that very ammo. I used it myself pretty much up until now with some random something else in between (maybe) until I decided to try mono this season. American Whitetail performs well and reasonably priced compared to most of everything else, imo.