View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trike_flyer View Post
Nice to see there is interest in the bp shooting. Been doing it for years. I recemend maxi balls for hunting and better accuracy. Last deer I shot with mine the bullet went diaganally through the deer from front leg to out the rear leg. He was turned a bit facing me.

As to your ball puller that is for your ram rod, I have used mine about 2 times and it worked fine. I do have a differant ram rod than stock on my tc 54 renagade hunter. Found that you can get a ram rod tip and aluminum arrow to make a great ram rod that you will never pull apart. May be able to do the same with the new carbon arrows.

Have fun and keep your powder dry.

TF
The problem I found with buying one is this. The shank is 2 thick and the threads are too dull to cut into a ball. The reason this was made up was before I got into black powder a friend of mine did the seat the ball without powder trick. He called me up just fuming mad and thought he was screwed. I hit the shop with a idea and it worked.He was happier then a clam in mud as how slick it worked...I gave it to him and 6 months later when I finally got into BP I made one for myself.Since all the time I take a rifle out its in a hard case,I just left it in the case under the foam. In fact it has never came out of the case,so I always have it with me where ever I go shooting.