View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
You still development and building permits.
From the letter we received.
The proposed changes would mean property owners would have the ability to develop a suite without City Council approval, but would still work with Planning and Development staff at The City of Calgary to obtain Development and Building Permits.

Parking could be an issue in some areas. They'll build monuments to honour the politician who solves the parking problems in residential areas.
I asked my Alderman and read the website. Unless I miss something contrary...

If you are not ZONED for suites you need a development permit and need to display a sign on your lawn and it gets posted in the paper.

If you are ZONED which they are saying is the plan city wide then all you need is to fill out the application. You don't need any development permit ever again for a suite.

The only reason for the application process is to ensure all work is properly permitted and there safe such as electrical.

So the fact appears...you won't need the develepment permit process ever again.

Whoever you talked to is misleading you.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin