View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
I have been thinking about the Island as well this summer. Been wondering if there are any places I could go kayak fishing for salmon and bottom fish. If anyone has ideas would love to hear about them(pm me if preferred).
Pink salmon fishing in the river estuaries and beaches start in July at the North tip of Vancouver island around port Hardy (clucewe river) and move down island after that. Eve river, salmon river, campbellriver, puntledge river, Nile Creek and further down island. For example the pinks will be at Nile Creek in the last week of July. On even numbered years, the pink runs are 3-4 times larger than odd years. Odd years the runs are bigger on the west coast of Vancouver island. Call the Nile Creek fly shop as they keep on top of where to go during July thru October. There's a company called skils kayak guides that does kayak fishing lessons in the deeper ocean on the west cost of Vancouver island around tofino (coho, chinook, lingcod, halibut). Family commitments have conflicted with me trying them out this year. Coho start peaking in September and chum in october around the Courtenay area. I assume they show up earlier upisland.