View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
He’s looking in top shape. Not throwing the body around (once doesn’t count lol) however he never has.

His skating and passing is better. He is darting into corners but spinning away from potential contact.

He’s putting up the numbers.

Something always missed is his +/- is +14.

In comparison McDavid is +4. Draisaitl is +10.

What this tells me Johnny’s two way game is superior to the top two Oilers. Goaltending also a factor for sure but his play is putting up numbers. He has finally jumped on to the Sumter program.
His 5 on 5 play is superior to those two, I would have to look but my guess is 70% of Connor and Leon's points are on the PP which does not count in +/- but yeah there 5 on 5 play is average for sure.

I think I read Johnny has yet to be on the ice when a 5v5 goal has been scored this year. He still frustrates me when he is afraid to take a hit, l still see him give up pucks when he thinks he is going to take a hit in the corner, he just pushes it forward and spins away, or slows down so he doesn't get there first, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

I think a lot of his play this year has been improved due to the size of the flames this year, we got bigger with Gubrandson/Zadorov/Lewis etc, and I have seen a lot less liberties being taken with Johnny. Which has allowed him to do his thing.

Tre has some work to do, I am still not convinced he is going to sign here again. if he can use the extra year to his advantage that would be good. Get Johnny at 8x8 or 8x8.5. It may actually be beneficial for Tre to wait till the playoffs, If Johnny disappears again his value would go down I think.