View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Wow!

There is a great opportunity for some predator hunting there, not a chance I’d set up for whitetail though.
Bang on with how I look at it too Kurt. The morning after he got the wolf pics he was out and let rip with an elk bugle. Less than a minute later he shot a wolf sneaking in on his position. I’d be switching areas entirely if I wanted to hunt deer or devoting all my efforts to wiping them out now.

I hunted the Keg River area a bit in 2007 if memory serves. It was prior to an elk season opening there as there were some smoker bulls sitting around. Piles of deer in the farmland there but pretty much everything on the fringe were up by peoples houses. One guy who let me on his acres said I wouldn’t find any deer in the bush and he was right. Deer traffic petered out less than a half mile into the timber and the cutlines were literally highways of wolf tracks. Nearly every coyote track a guy cut had wolf prints veering off and following. Pretty sure he said he trapped right around 30 the year before.