View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I think super tuning involves quite a bite more. Taking a bow that's tuned to factory specs, then making it better.

I've helped a technician tune my bow, spending a couple days doing it. What we did consisted of putting the bow in spec, then modifying from there. Adding weight to the string, "speed nocks". Hundreds of not 1000+ shots down the lane tuning arrow flight and testing arrow speed. Twisting control and bus cables, twisting strings, draw length adjustment to 1/8", not 1/2". Adjusting string dampeners for sound and anti vibration.

Imo, super tuning can't be done without the guy who shoots the bow actually taking part in the process. I'm not sure what exactly super tuning is, but it's tuning with the word "super" in front of it!

I will say this, after spending a couple days working with the bow, I gained 12fps, lost some vibration and a bit of noise, and tightened up my groups. The results were super. Whatever we did must have consisted of super tuning somewhere along the line.
I am not sure to be honest if spec tuning and timing is part of the "supertune" or not but should be done before hand if not.

I will make a phone call to check here in a bit.