Thread: magnum results
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 PM
AO Sponsor

I always run the trigger pointing away from the snare, away from the lock. However, I always use magnums, except in special circumstances. Magnums with 1/16" and 5/64" have no stop interference due to the extra large eyelet. My coyotes are firing the system dependably, as well, most fox fire except those that entangle immediately and are put out before they even have much opportunity to fight the snare. I seem to catch about 2 jackrabbits a year and they Fire the system regularly. With 3/32" cable, the stops are usually very large and will cause interference if the tip of the trigger is pressing against the very large stop button.

With the standard/original Stinger, due to the smaller eyelet, it had a benefit to position your trigger so that it pointed towards the loop/lock due to the tip of the trigger occasionally being held closed longer. However, I most always ran the system with the trigger pointing away from the lock/loop, and found it was rare to have trouble, but occasionally springs would be unfired, but an insignificant amount of time.

Notation should be made that I always anchor low, never high, though it is beneficial for snare lock position on your captured animal to be centred at the back of the neck, I find it to have much more benefit to allow the device to fire positively with the low solid anchor and have a magnum spring killed animal in short order.