View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 05:22 PM

I am not sure exactly how the relationship with the farmers work. Obviously the land is farmed, but are the farmers leasing the land from ACA or vise versa?

Regardless of the relationship it would be awesome to have some acres of standing corn. I would definitely pay towards the planting and I believe many others would as well.

Standing corn provides protection from predators, including humans with dogs, provides both food and shelter for the birds and could be left or harvested for feed if possible after the season.

I am not sure how much a farmer needs to profit from an acre but if hunters pooled together it would make the release sites much better and the birds would be spread out with many more survivors. A few rows standing in those open fields would add much more room for hunters and dogs. I think it would eliminate the release day only being good as I think the numbers would remain once built up. The local birds were numerous at Wessex the last time I was there because of the good habitat and at WWBirds property.