View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:46 PM

it has been quite a few yrs since i was down there, but the Crowsnest river in the townsite might be more or less what you are looking for. we fished a spot that was on the west side of town (whatever the farthest west town is named Blairmore maybe?) that was right beside the river and i am pretty sure there was a walking path right there also. was at an S bend in the river. caught a couple of nice rainbows out of, was suprised as being right in town. someone more familiar with the river might now exactly where i am talking about and even if it has any fish left at all. other spot on the Crowsnest i can think of is where it enters the Reservoir at the big stone house. boat launch right to the river edge and had good luck there with rainbows also.
other possibility might be upper Kananaskis Lake. had good luck at the outflow to the lower lake. there was a nice parking lot there, i don't think it was that far of a walk to the lake there, been awhile since i was there.

couple of maybe options for you to think about. don't know if they are exactly what you were looking for or the type of fishing he is looking for either but hope it helps to give him one last experiance.

best of luck
Mike

good luck