View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Default Street Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuel View Post
I live in Peace River, and went to college in Fairview. VERY nice facility. I've always wanted to see the bike barns. Is that something that could be arranged?
Yes, bring your rod definately if you come to Fairview. The pond is stocked with rainbows, I caught a large triploid last summer, along with plenty of mid sized rainbows. The best part is that most days in the summer you have the place to yourself. Whenever I got tired of finicky rainbow fishing I would just go 2.5 km north to Cummings lake & get some instant gratification from the small Perch there. 5 min, 5 casts, 4 landed fish. Kinda bummed they did not aerate this year.

If someone comes up for a tour, I usually take them over to the storage building after the Trev Deeley Building. I have keys & a code, so not a problem. Most people just stand in awe when they walk in that place, about 125 Harleys, about 300 bikes of other brands, plus quads, sleds, some outboards, all just for training purposes. Before anyone asks, the bikes are destroyed when they are no longer used for training. They are not sold afterwards. I will post in the main part of the forum if I know of any upcoming motorcycle events at the college, we usually host a show & shine each year. Not sure if it's OK to mention here, but we also have a Bike raffle, this year is a 2010 Softail Crossbones, tickets are $100 each, and only 499 printed. check the college website if you want to get one, http://www.gprc.ab.ca/fairview/Harle...ycleRaffle.htm
Just PM me in advance if you are coming through Fairview & want to check out the college!