View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 08:31 PM

This is all very interesting to me. Last summer and fall we had one on our place that showed virtually no fear of us. Several times my wife and I rode our horses quite close to it. It would run off about 40 or 50 yards and stop and look at us. We started calling it "The Ret*rd". One evening in Sept I was bow hunting and, just at the end of legal hunting time, started to climb down from my tree stand when this coyote came along and stopped right under my stand. It was too dark for a shot so I spoke to it and it just sat down and looked at me. I threw my seat cushion at it and it just ran over and kind of sniffed it. Finally I just climbed down the tree and when I got to the ground it had left. A few days later I was in my truck in the same area where we had been seeing it and saw it again. I had a shotgun with me and when I got out of the truck the coyote ran about 30 yards and stopped and looked at me. I got 2 shots at it and hit it both times I think. Last I saw of it, it was heading full speed into the bush. I found a bit of blood and hair but never found the coyote and never saw it again.

Last edited by 270WIN; 01-23-2010 at 08:39 PM.