View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
To my way of thinking, they are stuck in the past and don't want to acknowledge they have to change. It's a different world from when the treaties were negotiated and they are being left behind, whether they like it or not. Talk of the Creator and the rights he supposedly gave them just makes some of us roll our eyes. Us Whiteys rule the roost now and aren't going away and two sets of laws, racially based, can only foster division and resentment. There is no way around that.

Grizz
Of course they are stuck in the past, why would they want to change.

Why would they want to become some corporations slave?

Why would they want to become part of a society that has abused them and rejects them.

As much as I think treaty rights have not served them well and are a trap for them, treaties are a contract between Canada and FN peoples and as such can not be canceled at will.

I totally agree that racially based laws are divisive. But who offered them those treaties? More importantly, why.

I think it only right that we acknowledge that treaties were something they did not understand when they were being offered.

I'm sure that at the time it sounded like a good idea to them and obviously the officials that wrote those treaties thought it was a good idea as well.

So on what bases are we to hold them to blame for something our fore fathers came up with? And which both parties thought was a good idea at the time?

George Bernard Shaw