View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 02:51 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Genesis 1:26 may be a better fit.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Dominion over, for those who don''t understand outdated terms, means authority over.

Odd that a native would make such an argument. From what I have read they saw wildlife as co-inhabitants not as a resource that could be claimed.

To me it sounds like an argument some lawyer came up with.

I agree, discriminatory laws do promote conflict between groups.

However, it seems to me that FN are caught in a no win situation.
In many places they are not welcome in the rest of society yet can not survive on what's available on reserve without government handouts.

The FN people I know hate being dependent on anyone. They'd much rather provide for themselves even if that means living in tents in the bush.
Most have little desire to live the way we do, as slaves to a job and to technology but the environment no longer has the ability to sustain a traditional way of life for them.

What are they supposed to do?

Should they turn their backs on what little they have and face certain rejection in the modern world, or try to return to what they know, providing for themselves off the land they once owned?

It's not an easy question to answer, for them or for us.
The FN people I know hate being dependent on anyone. They'd much rather provide for themselves even if that means living in tents in the bush.
Most have little desire to live the way we do, as slaves to a job and to technology but the environment no longer has the ability to sustain a traditional way of life for them.

huhh are they ready to be nomads of the land....moving with game hunting and gathering and enduring the harshest of nature....ya right....not in todays day and age...sitting and bsing is one thing but reality is another...this crap needs to end I wish in one hand and poop in the other and see what fills up first...reality is that once the guberments see that they can not keep on treating people unequal than we will have harmony for the most part but what is going on right now is just pure crap.....we are all decedents of some loss or gain etc but lets not dwell on it and get caught up with today and tomorrow...to better all after all we are all Canadians ...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...