View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 PM

It was a few years ago ...... and if I had a dime for every-time some said manufacturer "A" makes all the stuff for manufacturer "B" but it's just the packaging that's different - I freaking laugh.

***I am using "brand X" in this story to eliminate some hate mail. The brand is made overseas and is a piece of garbage.

Some counter jockey was showing some guy a cheap "brand X "and told him they were made in the same factory by Leupold ...... so of course my ears perked up and a smile formed on my face.

He had a few Leupolds laid out and the guy working there was pushing a cheap Brand "X" on him.

The customer asked him what the difference was in the price of the VX1 versus VX2 or VX3 scopes, and the counter jock told them "new generation of scopes" you are just paying for a 2016 when you can have a brand new 2014 for the same price ....

At that point I audibly laughed and just shook my head in front of the guy. The counter jockey didn't look to happy.

A few minutes later the customer wandered over to where I was and struck up a conversation and set him straight.

He told me his uncle suggested a Leupold and thought they were great scopes and now he was wavering based on his newly acquired expert opinion from the store clerk. I told him to disregard the counter jockey's expert opinion and listen to his uncle.

The lack of the most basic knowledge borders on fraud to me. Just simply ridiculous listening to these guys sometimes.

Last edited by EZM; 11-21-2017 at 01:06 PM.