View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Thanks gitrdun...I picked up a bulk pack of cotton gloves from Amazon a while back, a good idea for sure. My big indecision now is whether to polish the Python and all the ivory with renaissance wax or not? I've used it on my other Pythons and it's great stuff, but I'm cautious about this situation. The ivory is old, and in fact there is a tiny split in the bottom of the oiler bottle. I want to protect it, but not do anything that might affect future value. Will have to make inquiries....
Sorry that I cannot help you with that decision. I've had some nice firearms that other people wanted to fondle. Belt buckles, rings, zippers on their vests, were a no-no. None of them even came close to the collector value of your piece, however I remained anal about their handling of it. I recently overhauled the stock on an Aya shotgun that belongs to elkhunter11. Knowing how anal that guy is about his firearms, when folks asked if they could pick it up, I replied "yes, but I'll have to kill you or he will", so it would be best that you leave it alone.....LOL.