View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BUCKIN D View Post
put out a pail 3 weeks ago the deer have totally stopped using the trail. only thing happening is one fat corn fed squirrel any one have better luck ?
I tried a pail of that monster mix this summer and they loved it but it is way to much money for how long it lasts. It was gone in less than 2 weeks. I got probally 500 pics though so it was worth it. I will tell you what works for me.

I use minerals what really works well is "Rack Up", Can buy it in Bass Pro for 11.00/bag i think. 5 bags last me 2 months depending how hard the moose hit it. I get well over a couple thousand pics every year by doing this. Use the same spot every year also and close to water works the best. The Deer will realy hit the minerals realy hard from May to middle of Aug at the latest.

From Aug 1st to Aug 31st you will get pics but not that many and definatly
not any buck pictures. They quit using the licks from aug on,the bucks do.
I have been doing this for 5 years strait and its the same at all 3 of my licks.
Dont think for one min you can set up and kill a good deer over your lick for 2 reasons; #1 It is ILLEGAL & #2 You will wait a long time and see nothing but the od doe and small buck. If you want good pictures and loys of them get your lick,monstermix,what ever your using and get it out early and pull your cameras by sept 1st at the latest because otherwise in my opion your wasting batteries and minerals. Hope this helps., Also i realy find that your minerals DO make a difference in the Antler Growth. Good luck to you!!